Windows XP blue screen on start up - no CD to help fix RRS feed

• Question

• Just trying to find out what this error code is, and how to solve this.  I have the infamous "blue screen of death"  but I cannot get XP to load but I can get it to load in safe mode.  I haven't installed any hardware or anything different. Before this occured I was having a problem with Windows installer window popping up continuously. I researched & found to change it to manual start up. Then I received the blue screen after about 4 start ups. Can someone please help? 

Here is the error:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,  restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.  If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacurer for driver updates.   Try changing the video adapters.

Check with your harware vendor for any BIOS updates.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP:  0X0000007E (0XC0000005, OXF7898160, 0XF78E286C, 0XF78E2568)

kd.com.dll - Address F7898160 base at F7897000, datestamp 4f8f0f42 

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you try powering on the PC, while doing so, keep pressing F8 on the keyboard and see if it allows you to boot into Safe Mode.

If so, boot into Safe Mode and go into Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

You can then restore the PC back to the last known healthy checkpoint.

Kind Regards,

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)

Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:12 AM
  • Thanks Martin. I am able to start in safe mode & I failed to mention that I did a restore yesterday before all of this happened. Any other suggestions?

Kim Heady

Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:01 AM