Access denied page although has sufficient permissions RRS feed

• Question

• [WSS3]

Hi All,

I have a site with some Libraries. The permissions are based on the default: Visitors/Members/Owners.

One user that is a part of the Members group cannot check in docs, edit metadata (in Datasheet view) or upload docs. She gets the Access denied page although she has the sufficient permissions. This behavior is happening only in one library of the same site. When I check the permissions of the relevant library, i see that it's inherited from the site's permissions.

I tried to break the inheritance and give her direct permissions "Full Control" for the library but same reaction. The only thing that worked is when I added her to the Owners group in the site level.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot in advance

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:03 PM Strange permission behaviour is not a suitable title. Say what the problem is and if you like the word strange use it in your texts not titles
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:03 PM admin question - do not use general forum all the time. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:59 PM

Answers

• Taking into consideration that the user may have permissions in other areas of the portal, what if you remove the user from Active Directory or local account, (whatever your authentication source is) and try adding them to the group again?

Best of luck.

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 8, 2011 9:18 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi arevach,

You mentioned that the site has only the default groups.

Are there any custom permissions set at the library, or even folder level for that user?

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Hi and thanks for your comment.

There are no library/folder leve permissions only the defaults.

There used to be sub folders but with the default permissions. they recently deleted those. Can that be a reason?

Monday, April 4, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Taking into consideration that the user may have permissions in other areas of the portal, what if you remove the user from Active Directory or local account, (whatever your authentication source is) and try adding them to the group again?

Best of luck.

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 8, 2011 9:18 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 6:23 PM