none
New activity - Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

When I have created a certain group (view) and I want to add an activity, I scroll down in this view* and add the new activty downwards including the correct activity codes.

[* because you cannot add a new activity in the group-view itself]

But how do I get afterwards this new activity in the right place in this group-view?

What I do till now, is selecting this group-view again and than automatically, the new actvity appears (due his codes) on the right place.

Is there a better way or shurtcut to do this?

Thank you very much,

Margo

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

perhaps someone else has a better idea ...

What you can try:

Open tab view , drop down list Gantt Chart. Look for a character of your view name, which is not underlined in any entry. In following sample, my view is "My grouped view", and I could not use g, n, v, and m. So I decided to use "y".

Make sure, that your view is set to "Show in menu". Edit your view and enter a "&" in front of identified character. So in my sample, the view is now named "M&y grouped view"

• press <ALT> (KeyTips are displayed over each feature that is available in the current view)
    • press <w> for tab View
    • press <g> for dropdown list Gantt Chart
    • press <the letter you identified earlier> for applying your view

Another solution could be a macro with a shortcut for re-applying your view.

View - Macros - Record Macro .... Enter a name and a letter for a shortcut. For these kind of things, I use e.g. "q" - not used for other commands - as far as I know.

Click OK and apply your view. Don't do anything else before stopping recording: View - Macros - Stop Recording.

Now your macro is stored and you can apply your view at any time using the shortcut you defined.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Hey. It's not much quicker than just clicking on the view again (I have to keep it simple for those who will use it), but your ideas are great. Thank you very much.
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

I know - these shortcuts are not really short.

Anyway, the macrorecording could be an option: If you keep default value "Global File", this macro will be available in all project files on your computer.

If you select "This Project", the macro will be available (with entered shortcut) in this file on all computers opening this file.

Sorry!
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:56 PM