none
Certain files open to a blank screen and ribbon grayed out. RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Project Pro 2016 for a user that previously had 2003.  Now some files do not open properly.  They just get a white box and the ribbon is grayed out.  Other files open and function just fine.  I have no idea what could be causing this. User has proper permissions as far as I can tell.  The files do not appear to be shared.  What else could be causing this issue?
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:39 PM

Answers

• Already had the latest updates.  

I did get them to open though.  When I closed the files that did not open properly it asked if I wanted to save changes.  I said yes and then it asked if I wanted to covert the file. Said yes, reopened the file and it worked.

Did that for other files having the issue and they all opened.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:57 PM

All replies

• P. Laroch --

This was a known bug in earlier versions of Microsoft Project 2016, but has since been fixed in early updates to the software.  Has the user applied the most recent updates to the software?  If not, please ask the user to apply the updates to see if this resolves the problem, and let us know the result.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:52 PM
  • Already had the latest updates.  

I did get them to open though.  When I closed the files that did not open properly it asked if I wanted to save changes.  I said yes and then it asked if I wanted to covert the file. Said yes, reopened the file and it worked.

Did that for other files having the issue and they all opened.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:57 PM