Outlook Email/ Win 10.1 RRS feed

• Question

• The last 2 weeks, I've been bombarded with Hundreds of unsolicited emails. Attempting to remove myself from their

aggravating junk has resulted in 'practically' no results. (They usually state "give us 3 - 5 days to update our records.")

It goes on and on. WHAT can I do about this???

Thanks, in advance.

Don

Friday, January 6, 2017 11:28 PM

All replies

• The last 2 weeks, I've been bombarded with Hundreds of unsolicited emails. Attempting to remove myself from their

aggravating junk has resulted in 'practically' no results. (They usually state "give us 3 - 5 days to update our records.")

It goes on and on. WHAT can I do about this???

First, unsubscribing from unsolicited email is generally not a good idea - very often all that you're doing is confirming that this is a live email address.

Your options will depend on a number of things.

If you happen to have a custom domain email account, you can manage your email filters at the server level to ignore inbound emails based on some kind of criteria. For example - I have one account that periodically gets bombarded with garbage from different domains but all within one .gtld (i.e. .beer, .recipes etc). Solution there is to filter out anything coming from the gtld at the server level.

If you're finding that the spam is coming from some international TLDs that you normally would never expect to get email from, you can block those via Outlook' s Junk filter for international tlds

Or you can create rules within Outlook but personally find that to be a very tedious (and pointless IMHO) exercise - hence not something I ever use

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Monday, January 9, 2017 1:45 AM