I think that my laptop fan have gotten weaker RRS feed

• Question

• So I have been using my lenovo laptop for about 3 years since then it has been running pretty well until I decided to open the laptop and clean the dust on the fan after that 2-4 days Suddenly when I was playing League of legends which is a game FPS Dropped really hard and the laptop suddenly stop working like if someone was holding the power button. after that I immediately open the laptop and it worked just fine 2-3 hours later I decided to go on another game, and same thing happened FPS Drop then the laptop suddenly shuts down I have no idea what could it be but I thought it could be either the fan or a virus. Maybe when I opened the laptop I damaged something? that could be causing this problem? If I watch a movie or anything it works perfectly fine I could watch movies or do anything except for playing and it doesn't does that.. Please help
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:12 PM

All replies

• What are the hardware specs. of your laptop?

If the laptop works fine except the specific game mentioned then there is no problem with your laptop.

kindly go through the system requirements for this game.

To confirm what led to sudden shutdown you may go through the event viewer application error logs created immediately after the shutdown.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:46 AM
  • With a Dell laptop,to access the pc internal fan,the keyboard & its outer housing need to be removed,at that area,fan/MB battery/internal ram all can/could get the connections corrupted..Chk all,& if the pc is over 4 yrs old,the MB battery should be replaced,its a 2032 type..Fans,are easy to maintain,but to service the spindle C-clip would need to be removed & its connecting parts cleaned & oiled..If its too much,have a pc shop service PC. 
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:49 AM
  • LOL’s FPS suddenly dropped and computer shut down… it seems to be a hardware issue.

The first thing you need to note is hardware temperature(CPU temperature and GPU temperature), you know, clean the dust is not a simple operation, you may damage fan or some circuit without intention, which will lead to a high temperature during game running. Obviously, when your CPU and GPU have the high temperature, their performance will drop and FPS will drop, when temperature reaches the alert, computer will forced shutdown in order to protect hardware.

Therefore, my suggestions:

Check if the fan is broken or the processor cooler got misplaced or something which would lead to over heating. Remove and reinstall both GPU and CPU once and try to run the game.

Similar case here:

FPS Drop & Pc shutting down

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3452071/fps-drop-shutting.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 9:04 AM