Despite Windows Update, I get blue screen w text related to possible corrupt driver, dump of physical memory, shut down RRS feed

• Question

• Then when I reboot I get "system has encountered serious error" message., with error sign. report. Seems to work ok after that, for a while. I have been having many issues related to my wireless adapter configuration, which I have since resolved, so I'm not sure if related. Thanks for any help.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

•  

Such issue can still be related to hardware driver problem.

We can try using clean boot and device clean boot to narrow down the cause of the problem.

==

• Device Clean Boot
    ==============
    In this situation, your system will only have the basic hardware devices and it should be more stable. If it is inconvenient to unplug the devices, we can disable them in Device Manager. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Click "Start", type "DEVMGMT.MSC" in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".
    3. Right click on your Sound Card, select "Properties"
    4. Click "Driver" tab, click Disable (Disable the selected device). Click OK
    5. Please use the same method to disable other hardware such as: Modem, network card, CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.
    6. Please restart the computer. Can we boot in Windows properly?
    Clean Boot
    ==================
    1. Click the Start Button, type MSCONFIG in the Search Bar and Press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.
    Note: Please click the Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.
    2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).
    3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.
    4. Restart the computer and test the result.
    Note: Clean Boot is just a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can enable them later on. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click OK.
    To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.

• Edited by Niko Bellic Friday, December 14, 2012 4:37 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:36 AM