Help with ICE Warning Flag RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am troubleshooting an skype for business 2015 issue with desktop screen sharing. We are getting a "ms-client-diagnostics: 23" when one client is internal and one is external. it Gives the ICE Flag ICEWarn=0x8000000. But I can't find any references to that particular codes. I've found 0x800000 and 0x80000000 (one less zero and one more zero). Has anyone seen that IceWarn code?

Thanks

Monday, October 30, 2017 8:04 PM

All replies

• The error could means a few issues:

For one, the exact error i faced in my last deployment was that we recently changed the public IP of the edge server.

Resolution:

- Changed external DNS records to point to new public IP of the Edge server 

- Ensured that all required Firewall rules are in place and configured correctly.  

- Checked any application filtering and proxy at your Firewall and network? 

- Which ports you used for AV, SIP and Web conf? 1 public IP associated with 3 different ports? 

- Did you have a correct "Persistent Routing" from Edge server's internal interface to your SFB client network(s)? 

Tools to use to troubleshoot

- Install SFB Debugging tool on the Lync server, then go the the installation folder, and copy out " Snooper" yellow color icon to you desktop.

- Use Wireshark to see where exactly went wrong. 

- And try again to simulate the issue, 

- Open the Lync desktop client's log using Snooper tool.  

C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing\Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:03 AM
  • HI,

You can download this tool from TechNet gallery which will give you an explanation for the ICE Warning codes.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/ICE-Warning-Flag-Decoder-97058ef3

• Proposed as answer by paul.hawkins Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:32 PM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:01 PM