How can i upload a 1.5gb file to a sharepoint document library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can i upload a 1.5gb file to a sharepoint document library?

Yes I know its not a good idea - but how do you do it?

I have been asked to do this - its not my design...

Anyway I have increased the max file upload on the web app to 2047mb - so its not that...

There is room in the db - there is room everywhere - but it will never successful upload...why not?

Thursday, March 21, 2019 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi, xyz2012,

First I want to know what kind of error stop you from uploading this file?  If you have messages like Sorry, your files couldn’t be uploaded. The upload might be too large or the server might be experiencing high network traffic. As you have changed web application setting, here are some possible solutions you can have a try.

1. Make sure the default 120 seconds connection time-out is not changed to be too short(IIS web site settings), or change it to be longer.
    2. Go Central Administration -> Manage web applications -> select the affected SharePoint Web Application -> click General Settings -> Web Page Security Validation , set security validation expires: Never.
    3. Adjust the C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\16\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\web.config settings.  Locate all the entries where executionTimeout is defined and adjust the value to a larger time, like 86400.

You can refer to more solutions here:

https://www.vioreliftode.com/index.php/how-to-make-sharepoint-2016-not-fail-long-running-uploads-large-files/

I tried to upload a file of about 1.7GB. The error comes up several times and I finally succeeded in uploading with all the three changes listed.

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, March 22, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi, xyz2012,

Have you tried the solution? Is there any update with your issue?

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:19 AM