I have a question about Networking RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows XP operating system and I have a cable internet connection. I was wondering if it was possible that someone within my network was able to connect to my computer and use everything that I am using on the net including gaining access to my email. I have a firewalled connection by I notice that when I log into my email it says someone with a different IP address than me has accessed my email and it isn't me. I have anti-virus updated and installed, Remote Desktop blocked, so how can someone within my network still gain access to my computer through the internet?

If I am putting my question in the wrong forum then move it to the right one if you can. I just want to know why i am still protected by Windows Firewall?

Monday, October 24, 2011 11:11 PM

Answers

• if its an email issue, then you might have accessed your email account somewhere and may be the password was saved in the browser. Yes if your account is accessed then the last access time is shown when you login to your email account. I suggest you to change password of the email accounts and also change your security questions.

If any user takes a remote desktop of your computer then you will come to know because it locks out your user account as soon as remote desktop connection is made.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:43 PM

All replies

• if its an email issue, then you might have accessed your email account somewhere and may be the password was saved in the browser. Yes if your account is accessed then the last access time is shown when you login to your email account. I suggest you to change password of the email accounts and also change your security questions.

If any user takes a remote desktop of your computer then you will come to know because it locks out your user account as soon as remote desktop connection is made.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:43 PM
  • may i know which Anti-virus are you using ??
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:44 PM