none
What is a good (Best) Performance Utility? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got the same story as a every other Windows users...system performance gets worse daily from the first moment a clean installation is launched.  I just formatted and reloaded my windows 10 machine in late Nov.  After the install I could reboot in under a minute with only about 20 something services loaded.  Now, its take several minutes to load and I must have 50 -75 services loaded.  I need to rennovate badly.  I know there has to be a good utility that won't insert a trojan virus or worse.  
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:57 AM

All replies

• Windows Built-in task manager can be used to control boot options, uncheck the unnecessary startup items from Startup tab.

Besides, built-in Disk cleanup tool can help you free up disk space.

Note clear temp files and cache in normal use.

If you want Performance Utility, Microsoft has a tool called Windows Performance Toolkit, which consists of two independent tools: Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) and Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA). It is fit for IT Pro to deep research PC performance issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/wpt/

If you are a normal user, CCleaner is enough. Don’t trust all kinds of performance optimization utilities online, most of them are useless even make your PC slower. About security software or Antivirus, Windows Defender is enough.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:40 AM