The file is posibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computer checksum. HP m8120n desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Please help me get booted! I’ve enjoyed my Hewlett Packard pavilion, (m8120n), (gc674aa#aba), desktop fro 10 months, then suddenly, when I attempt to reboot, I get this message on the screen, "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computer checksum." I cannot even figure out how to reset system I'm "virtually computer illiterate. I don't have any files or data on my system that are indispensable! Can anyone out there help me!

Friday, November 28, 2008 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

Since this is an HP system it's difficult to advise you on how to proceed from here. Your options will depend on what recovery components were installed by HP and how to access these components. These options and how to access them will vary from model to model and manufacturer to manufacturer. Some OEM manufacturers will even install components that allow you to recover personal files as part of a system recovery process.

I would recommend contacting HP support and checking to see what recovery options you have on that system.  Also, ask if they have any diagnostic software available that can check the integrity of the hard drive, in a pre-boot mode.

Customer Service / Contact HP Support:
    http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Saturday, November 29, 2008 9:29 PM