none
Recovery Creation Point fails each night. RRS feed

• Question

• Each night everything on Exchange backups ok, except for the Mailbox and Public folders.   If I do a manual Recovery Point Creation it works, but the scheduled one fails with this message:

Affected area: SAIMAIL
    Occurred since: 6/4/2012 6:00:53 AM
    Description: Recovery point creation jobs for Exchange Mailbox Database SAIMAIL on saimail.sysalt.com have been failing. The number of failed recovery point creation jobs = 2.
     If the datasource protected is SharePoint, then click on the Error Details to view the list of databases for which recovery point creation failed. (ID 3114)
    DPM has detected a discontinuity in the log chain for Exchange Mailbox Database SAIMAIL on saimail.sysalt.com since the last synchronization. (ID 30216 Details: Unspecified error (0x80004005))
    More information
    Recommended action:
    1. Consult the administrator of the Exchange server to rectify the problem. Please ensure that Exchange circular logging is turned off. Synchronization jobs may continue to fail until this issue is resolved.
    2. Last backup might have failed after log truncation. 

In the Protection task area, click 'Create recovery point' and select 'Full backup' option.
    3. If the protected datasource is an Exchange 2010 database, make sure that multiple copies of the database are not protected for FULL backup. DPM supports protecting only one copy of the database using FULL backup and the other copies have to be protected using COPY backup.
    Create a recovery point...
    Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
    Inactivate alert

What does this mean.  I don' t have any backups scheduled on the server.  I don't have circular logs enabled. 

gazem

Monday, June 4, 2012 1:02 PM

Answers

• Gazem,

What version of Exchange are you protecting? Is this part if a DAG?  During protection setup, on the Exchange DAG protection settings you can select a database for FULL Backup(log truncation) and Copy Backup (no log truncation). You can run into issue is the same database on multiple nodes are selected for FULL.  Hope this helps

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:46 PM