Outlook 2013/Exchange 2010-Autodecline conflicting meetings declines existing meeting updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am running Outlook 2013 connected to Exchange 2010, and I have set Outlook to "automatically decline meetings that conflicts with an existing appointment or meeting". When a meeting owner updates a meeting I have already automatically accepted, they get a note saying I declined the newly updated meeting. The only reason I can see for this is that it's conflicting with itself.

Known bug? User problem? Config change required?

Monday, February 18, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell me that what’s the update in the meeting request? Is it the meeting’s time? 
    I did a lot of tests and noticed that Outlook would decline the meeting’s update if there is an overlap between original time and update time of the meeting.
    Personally recommend you to re-accept the meeting via finding the meeting request in the Deleted Items as a workaround.

In addition, it is suggested to go to Outlook Uservoice Forum and submit feedback.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:08 AM

• Hi,

Please check if the above reply is helpful.

If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 1, 2019 9:42 AM