Macbook skype for business - Login issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have installed S4B and works perfectly with Windows computer.

We are using it internally only so does not have any public domain name and in an internal network.

When I use it on S4B client on Mac its giving serious pain by showing up " we cant sign you in , check your network connection". In the same macbook I run Virtualbox and run it on Win 10 like a charm without any error.

I am using same DNS and added my mac into the same domain (skype.internal). Ping to servers and domain name skype.internal works.

I run tshark traces on mac , AD/DNS server and S4B server and I can see lot of traffic back and forth.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Danish

Friday, January 4, 2019 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Danish,

According to your description, it seems you do not deploy the Edge Server and Reverse Proxy in your environment. If my understanding is right, the behavior is normal in your environment, you could not login the SFB client in MAC system.

As you know, Skype for Business client on the Mac has the same requirements as mobility client, it need you have an Access Edge Server and Reverse Proxy deployed in a supported configuration. If you did not deploy Edge Server and Reverse Proxy in your environment, you could not use it. You could refer to the official document to find the details about this: Skype for Business on Mac client requirements.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, January 7, 2019 5:15 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Which version of Skype for Business server do you use?

I think you may try to update to the latest CU, and check if it could work.

According this article, without Skype for Business Server 2015 CU4 (build 9319.272 or later) or Lync Server 2013 CU8 HF1 (build 8309.973 or later), Skype for Business on Mac requires Mobility enablement on the server side. After updating to builds 9317.272 or 8309.973 or later, Mobility enablement will no longer be required.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Friday, January 4, 2019 8:34 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Hi Danish,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:05 AM