reinstalling vista ultimate (downloaded)upgrade after harddrive crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I purchased a Dell xps 410 that came with vista premium and I used the windows anytime upgrade
    cd that came with the system and purchased a vista ultimate (downloadable)upgrade from microsoft.
    Now my harddrive crashed and i lost the email from microsoft and do not know how to get this upgrade back.

Thanks for any help on this

MGuimbellot
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:38 PM

Answers

• Access your digital locker here: http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/

I had to perform a clean install and now my upgrade license results in: "The activation server determined the specified product key is in use."

Could not activate by phone, transferred to tech support which was closed (Saturday).

Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:05 PM

All replies

• Access your digital locker here: http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/

I had to perform a clean install and now my upgrade license results in: "The activation server determined the specified product key is in use."

Could not activate by phone, transferred to tech support which was closed (Saturday).

Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:05 PM
  • Unfortunately, I did a clean install of Ultimate from the Anytime Upgrade disc. That is, afterall, the end product. Now I am not able to activate the product because the activation system is "unable to validate". Telephone activation said I was required to install Windows Home Premium first, activate it, then upgrade to Ultimate using the license in the digital locker. Is the system that disconnected?

Besides, I don't want to upgrade from Windows Home Premium to Ultimate because I think this is what prevented me from connecting my xBox 360 as a Windows Media Center Extender (the reason for upgrading). The clean install has now allowed me to connect the extender.

I really need to activate my current installation, and I shouldn't have to purchase another license.

Monday, December 1, 2008 6:31 PM