MS Word 2007 Mail Merge Doc save as changes content of other documents everytime I save as a new document RRS feed

• Question

• Have a mail merge initiated in Access that creates a Merge document. When I save the document as newXXX.doc..........., doc is saved but internal contents of oldXXX.doc are also changed to match last saved document. Help please.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:41 PM

Answers

• That suggests you are saving a copy of the mailmerge main document instead of executing the merge to create an output document - which is the one you should be saving. Consequently, with your current process, the saved document remains linked to the data source.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:21 PM

All replies

• That suggests you are saving a copy of the mailmerge main document instead of executing the merge to create an output document - which is the one you should be saving. Consequently, with your current process, the saved document remains linked to the data source.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:21 PM
  • Thanks. When I get a chance I'll try it again. Pretty sure I clicked the Merge and finish button and had selected current record before I tried to save as.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:19 PM