none
i cant able to access some websites within domain environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

i have my domain in AWS, DNS is resolving properly but i cant able to access some of the sites within domain, same sites can be able to access from workgroup or other domains

Thanks,
    NTRao

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:10 AM

Answers

• The information you have provided are not enough.

Use NSlookup to make sure that your client is able to properly do DNS resolution. Also, check that ports 80 and 443 (I believe you use them) are open. In addition, check the routing and make sure that you can reach the web servers.

If you are publishing using AWS features, please ask them in their forums or reach out to their support to assist with the configuration.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:30 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:41 PM
  • Hi NTRao,

>>i have my domain in AWS, DNS is resolving properly but i cant able to access some of the sites within domain, same sites can be able to access from workgroup or other domains.

Did these sites are internal sites or external sites?

If they were internal sites, please help me to check the IIS related binding settings, for examples: if they have been binding to the correct url and ports and the dns zone has the correct corresponding relationships.

If they were external sites, please check the related firewall settings and you could use the Wireshark tool to monitor and trying to find out what has blocked the access.

For downloading, please navigate to link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:11 AM

All replies

• The information you have provided are not enough.

Use NSlookup to make sure that your client is able to properly do DNS resolution. Also, check that ports 80 and 443 (I believe you use them) are open. In addition, check the routing and make sure that you can reach the web servers.

If you are publishing using AWS features, please ask them in their forums or reach out to their support to assist with the configuration.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:41 PM
  • Hi NTRao,

>>i have my domain in AWS, DNS is resolving properly but i cant able to access some of the sites within domain, same sites can be able to access from workgroup or other domains.

Did these sites are internal sites or external sites?

If they were internal sites, please help me to check the IIS related binding settings, for examples: if they have been binding to the correct url and ports and the dns zone has the correct corresponding relationships.

If they were external sites, please check the related firewall settings and you could use the Wireshark tool to monitor and trying to find out what has blocked the access.

For downloading, please navigate to link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:11 AM