Windows 7 help is missing/unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an HP Elite from Costco with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit preinstalled.

When I open Windows help and Support from the Orb all I see is a window with:

“Topic not found.

The topic you are looking for is not available in this version of Windows. For additional assistance, see More support options. Windows Help and Support encountered a problem”

In that window if I select Options/Browse Help all I see is:

“You might be able to resolve the problem by restarting Windows Help and Support.

If the problem persists, try the following:

1. Search for Help topics online at the Windows website.
    2. Contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft Support for further assistance. There might be a problem with one or more Windows system files or folders on your computer.”

This is identical for online or offline help. Otherwise the PC runs superbly. Internet's connected.

So far I did a sfc.exe /scannow but now I’m stumped. Really I use the help rarely. I could restore the PC to a checkpoint if had an idea how long I had the issue. I’m hesitant to call HP thinking that they’ll just ask me to re-image the PC. A reimage isn’t out of the question; however I would like to know more about what happened before I re-install the offending program. I suspect it might be a 32 bit game.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• Is this a recent help issue or did you always experiment such a problem?

According to my experience (I'm a HP customer and user for many years), HP usually provides a SoftPAQ for users to install the help and support topics related to the PC they own: go to HP web site and locate the page related to you computer to see if there's such a software package, download and install it.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:27 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:45 PM

All replies

• Is this a recent help issue or did you always experiment such a problem?

According to my experience (I'm a HP customer and user for many years), HP usually provides a SoftPAQ for users to install the help and support topics related to the PC they own: go to HP web site and locate the page related to you computer to see if there's such a software package, download and install it.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:27 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:45 PM
  • I remember that too but after chatting with HP last night they just have the HP Support Assistant package. I might try again today to see if I get another answer.

Thanks!

Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:38 PM