Getting flooded by Event 364 errors "There are no registered protocol handlers on path /adfs/ls/auth/integrated to process the incoming request." RRS feed

• Question

• My ADFS server is getting hit by Event 364 errors every minute (at exactly the same time - 53 seconds on the minute) that contain very little information. They say:

Encountered error during federation passive request. 

Additional Data 
    Protocol Name: 

Relying Party: 

Exception details: 
    Microsoft.IdentityServer.RequestFailedException: MSIS7065: There are no registered protocol handlers on path /adfs/ls/auth/integrated/ to process the incoming request.
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.OnGetContext(WrappedHttpListenerContext context)

The "user" specified in the message is is my ADFS service account. I've tried turning on ADFS Tracing but it didn't seem to give any additional information. I've tried disabling all RPTs, but I still got the error. Is there anything besides a packet capture that could give me insight into what might be causing this? 

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:55 PM

Answers

• It looks to me like an incorrect load-balancer health check configuration.

This endpoint does not exist, so it must be asked by an application or an automated mechanism specifically. 

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by J Scott_ Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check if your ADFS proxy server time matches the time of the other, domain joined servers in your farm.

If not, you can try the command below to perform a manual sync.

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:[NTP server FQDN or IP e.g pool.ntp.org] /syncfromflags:manual /update

• Edited by Darci Filho Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:15 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 10:15 PM

This endpoint does not exist, so it must be asked by an application or an automated mechanism specifically. 

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by J Scott_ Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:10 AM

Hmm thanks, this does seem to be the cause of the issue. Haven't been able to pinpoint the exact mechanism but if an additional server is added to the farm then it starts happening to that one as well.  
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:13 PM