Management Pack Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a SCOM 2007 SP1 enviroment and we are trying to upgrade our management packs from a default installation.

We have downloaded the 6.0.7026.0 and are trying to upgrade from 6.0.6972.0

We need to import the Windows Server Operating System Library first as the other management packs have a dependency on this but we receive the error below

Can anyone suggest what the issue may be?

Thanks

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you download the MP from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Hi, yes we did
    Monday, July 1, 2013 7:05 AM
  • Monday, July 1, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Hi,

There is conflicting information, I am not sure you can use the MP in SCOM 2007 SP1, for more information please check here, same issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/e4f3e263-71c4-4a4e-be91-87c91bfa5908/windows-2012-monitoring-management-pack-import-failing-on-scom-2007-sp1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 1, 2013 8:16 AM
  • We are not trying to import a Windows Server 2012 MP, we are importing the Windows Server Operating System Library MP which according to the MS documentation can be used for 2007 SP1.

I will try to import using PowerShell and post full error.

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Pretty much same error when importing through Powershell,

Install-ManagementPack : : Verification failed with [1] errors:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Error 1:
    : Verification failed for Probe Action Module Type : Microsoft.Windows.Server.Max
    ConcurrentAPI.Probe
    Failed to verify Composite Module Type - Microsoft.Windows.Server.MaxConcurrentAP
    I.ProbeFailed to verify Module Reference (Type=ManagementPackElement=Microsoft.Wi
    ndows.PowerShellPropertyBagTriggerOnlyProbe in ManagementPack:[Name=Microsoft.Win
    dows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.5000.0],ID=Probe) in the Mem
    berModules list.Cannot find ManagementPackElement [Type=ManagementPackModuleType,
     ID=Microsoft.Windows.PowerShellPropertyBagTriggerOnlyProbe] in ManagementPack [M
    anagementPack:[Name=Microsoft.Windows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version
    =6.0.5000.0]]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Verification failed for Probe Action Module Type : Microsoft.Windows.Server.MaxCo
    ncurrentAPI.ProbeFailed to verify Composite Module Type - Microsoft.Windows.Serve
    r.MaxConcurrentAPI.ProbeFailed to verify Module Reference (Type=ManagementPackEle
    ment=Microsoft.Windows.PowerShellPropertyBagTriggerOnlyProbe in ManagementPack:[N
    ame=Microsoft.Windows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.5000.0],ID=
    Probe) in the MemberModules list.Cannot find ManagementPackElement [Type=Manageme
    ntPackModuleType, ID=Microsoft.Windows.PowerShellPropertyBagTriggerOnlyProbe] in
    ManagementPack [ManagementPack:[Name=Microsoft.Windows.Library, KeyToken=31bf3856
    ad364e35, Version=6.0.5000.0]]
    At line:1 char:23
    + install-managementpack <<<<  -filepath c:\install\managementpacks\6.0.7026.0\Mi
    crosoft.Windows.Server.Library.mp
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Microsoft.Enter...ementPackCmdl
       et:InstallManagementPackCmdlet) [Install-ManagementPack], ManagementPackExce
      ption
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExecutionError,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Oper
       ationsManager.ClientShell.InstallManagementPackCmdlet

Any help?

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

You are right, but according to this one, you can't use the MP in SCOM 2007 SP1, conflicting information

http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2012/09/05/windows-server-2012-system-center-operations-manager-support.aspx

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:44 AM
  • Sorry, not being argumentative here as I appreciate your help but where in this blog does it say that the Microsoft.Windows.Server.Library.mp version 6.0.7026.0 can not be imported into SCOM 2007 SP1? If I was trying to import the Microsoft.Windows.Server.2012.Monitoring.mp then I could understand.
    Monday, July 1, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Its also says on this page

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=9296

That "All management packs (MPs) included in this download are supported on System Center Operations Manager 2007 (SP1, R2)"

Monday, July 1, 2013 11:57 AM
  • Hi 

This is error due to Failed to verify Module Reference  Type=ManagementPackEle
    ment=Microsoft.Windows.PowerShellPropertyBagTriggerOnlyProbe in ManagementPack:[Name=Microsoft.Windows.Library.

can i know what is the version of Microsoft.Windows.Library mp.

regards

sridhar v

Monday, July 1, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi, when I look at the console I cannot see a management pack called Microsoft.Windows.Library ?

Is this the problem?

Monday, July 1, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi
    Microsoft.Windows.Library in console will be with Name :Windows Core Library

Regards

sridhar v

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Thanks, in that case it is 6.0.6278.100
    Monday, July 1, 2013 2:28 PM
  • Hi 

Windows Server Operating System Library need Microsoft.Windows.Library latest version 

try download mp from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

.and load Microsoft.Windows.Library  and try loading OS MP.

sridhar v

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi, I downloaded and ran that file but but I cant see this Microsoft.Windows.Library included, here is a screenshot of the files that the msi extracted

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:01 PM