none
Unable to install NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not able to add NET Framework 3.5 to a Windows 10 Enterprise deployment using MDT 2013 Update 1. BDD.log shows

"SourcePath was set, but F:\Deploy\Operating Systems\Windows-10-Enterprise-x64\sources\sxs does not exist, not using local source."

The folder sxs does exist but unlike previous sxs folders I've seen, this one only has one .cab file in it, microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

The error I'm getting is

"ERROR - NetFx3 role processing with DISM.exe failed, rc = -2146498529"

Is there a workaround for this that anyone has found?

Orange County District Attorney

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:38 PM

All replies

• Found the answer in a far off blog post. The things you find on the web.......

http://www.osd-couture.com/2015/07/mdt-2013-u1-how-to-install-net.html

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:24 PM
  • I'm not able to add NET Framework 3.5 to a Windows 10 Enterprise deployment using MDT 2013 Update 1. BDD.log shows

"SourcePath was set, but F:\Deploy\Operating Systems\Windows-10-Enterprise-x64\sources\sxs does not exist, not using local source."

The folder sxs does exist but unlike previous sxs folders I've seen, this one only has one .cab file in it, microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

The error I'm getting is

"ERROR - NetFx3 role processing with DISM.exe failed, rc = -2146498529"

Is there a workaround for this that anyone has found?

For people with Enterprise version, this is usually caused by having WSUS in your network, where your GPO is set to have internal wupdate.

From admin console, copy and paste this, replace e:\ with your enterprise ISO.

Dism /Online /add-package /packagepath:e:\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.Cab

Monday, March 21, 2016 4:28 PM
  • In a task sequence you do this:https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/deploymentguys/2012/11/13/windows-8-automating-the-installation-of-net-framework-3-5-with-mdt/

The important part that is different from regular add roles and features is setting WindowsSource 

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:40 PM
  • I just use the install roles and features to add it when building my reference image.

It's been working because it's there when the client is deployed.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by DoubleDragon Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by DoubleDragon Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:36 PM
  • It is a feature pre installed shouldn't have to do anything but turn it on that is correct.
    • Proposed as answer by DoubleDragon Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:43 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by DoubleDragon Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:43 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:42 AM