Windows Update Issue on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. I have updated it through Windows Update. But it is now giving me problems.

The error is the Trusted Installer Service is restarting Automatic and in server manager i am unable to add any roles and features. If I remove Trusted Installer.exe, my computer works fine and i am able to login. But i copy back that file to the windows servicing folder, it again stuck at the Preparing to configure Windows.

I have already installed Windows Update Readiness Tool. In registry there is Reboot Pending option, but i am not able to delete that key.

Also I have tried to run sfc /scannow option and DISM commands, but sfc is saying that there is pending repair. reboot the system and run the sfc command again.

Please suggest me a solution, so that I could overcome the problem. this is my production server and I do not want installation of entire OS.

Friday, December 16, 2016 11:04 AM

Answers

• Please run the system update readiness tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Then post the complete contents of;
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 16, 2016 2:28 PM

All replies

• Please run the system update readiness tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Then post the complete contents of;
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 16, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 30, 2016 7:52 AM