permission so a user can only see his own entry? RRS feed

• Question

• hi ,

I have scenario -
     A list is created and i do multiple entries by data sheet (simply do cut and paste in list from an excel sheet) on behalf of other users....if i give read permission to user then they can see all entries.......in list....what is need to be done that they can see only their entry.........not for others..
    is this possible in moss 2007..........it is fine if user create own entry ..he will see only it self ....{column ..calculated by=[Me]} but here thing is ..i do entries ...but want that they should be able to see only their own............
    Please help

sudhanshu sharma
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 9, 2011 11:00 AM Don't say "question regarding" in Titles. That we know. Say what as I added here (original was "question regarding permission")
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 9, 2011 11:00 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:40 AM

All replies

• You can create a people and group field named "User Name", make sure you enter the exact account name in the field. Create a view and filter the "User Name" field is equal to [Me]

--Cheers
    Friday, September 9, 2011 1:38 PM
  • let me try this first 

i will let you know :)

sudhanshu sharma
    Friday, September 9, 2011 2:15 PM