none
how are protected actuals in my plan getting adjusted? RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010

Users on timesheets, SEM, timesheet actuals are protected; leveling in plan is manual, overallocation leveling options are turned off

scenario:

• Sep 27 PWA timesheet hours are as follows for a given task (M,T,W,R,F): 0,0,4,2, and .5
    • After submittal, approval and publishing the project, when you open again in Project Pro, from the server:
    • I now see M-F values of 0,0,4,2, and .52h !?
    • The task is still incomplete, with remaining work, was not (cannot be) set % manually, as actuals are protected.

Why does the server/Pro adjust my .5 hr entry to .52?  What am I missing here?

We enabled 'Protect User Updates' to prevent this very thing... then it happens anyway?

Thanks in advance,

marty.hadden@gmail.com

Marty Hadden, CIP CDIA+

• Edited by Marty Hadden Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If your focus is to control the adjustments on the Actual, Single Entry Mode would be the best option.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Thursday, October 29, 2015 5:34 AM
  • Hi Marty,

Is your PS2010 instance patched correctly? I think this is a known issue correected by the June 2012 fix:

"After you accept status updates for a project in Project Server 2010, the project displays actual work that is submitted through PWA as an incorrect decimal value. For example, a project displays .48h as the actual work even though you submitted .5h as the actual work."

See the list of PS2010 fix: http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/ps10cu.aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:43 AM