none
Problems with IPad OS 13 RRS feed

• Question

• The problem with not being able to enter usernames/passwords is specific to iPadOS 13 and not all iOS 13 Devices.

I have verified all functions on my iPad and my iPhone and it only occurs with the username field on the iPad.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:33 PM

All replies

• HI
    1 is your condition like below ?
    iPad :OS 13
    iPhone :OS 13
    you can not enter username on Microsoft remote desktop client on ipad(with OS 13)but this issue not happen on iPhone(with OS 13)
    2 what's the version of Microsoft remote desktop app installed on both ipad and iphone ? do they use the same the version of Microsoft remote desktop app ?
    3 if you install Remote Desktop Beta client on ipad(with OS 13) ,will the problem persist ?
      if you reinstall Remote Desktop client version 8.1.42 on ipad(with OS 13) ,will the problem persist ?
    4 what's the length of username do you use in remote desktop client on ipad ?
    5 what's the language of username do you use in remote desktop client on ipad ?are you using Russian language as username ?
    6 do you use the same system language on ipad and iPhone ?
    7 do you use the same system build-in input method on both 
    ipad and iPhone ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:28 AM
  • We are having this issue at my workplace as well. The problem is, you can never "touch" or "click" in the Username field. You can tap the Password field, type in that field, and if you have a keyboard attached, try and hold SHIFT + TAB, the cursor moves from the Password field, to nowhere, hit SHIFT + TAB again, and the cursor is back in the Password field.

This is a bug with the latest iOS 13.1.2 and Remote Desktop 8.1.42 combination. We noticed it on an iPad the other day. Tried reinstalling the app multiple times, didn't fix.

We took an iPad that was working (not sure iOS version), upgraded to 13.1.2, and the problem started happening.

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Same issue!  Very annoying...we have so many users that have no updated to iPad OS 13.1.2 and are now unable to enter username - so basically, the app is completely unusable.  PLEASE FIX ASAP.
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 3:38 PM
  • Please fix!  Issue is preventing our entire corporate user base from being able to use RDS with RD Client on updated IPADS!
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 3:39 PM
  • HI
    Thank you for post this issue ,I have reported this case in internal system .
    is this issue also happen on Remote Desktop iOS Beta client ?

Remote Desktop iOS Beta client
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/ios-whatsnew

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:16 AM