none
After Rebooting Server SEQSERVERAGENT Service not starting automatically

Question

• Hi Experts,

Can you help me on below issue.

After rebooting One of my SQL server and windows machine, In SQL Server services part, MSSQLSERVER will starts automatically but SQLSERVERAGENT  service has not start automatically, While I am trying to restart first time it will shows below error. But If I  restart 2nd time  SQLSERVERAGENT Services it will start and service will up and running fine.

My doubt it why 1st time itself not running SQLSERVERAGENT services

What we need to do for fixing this issue.

Thanks

Ramu Annamalai

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramu,
    As far as I know, when a server is rebooted, both SQL Server and SQL Server Agent were starting up at the same time. SQL Server Agent is attempting to use SQL Server services that are not available at that moment.  This might cause this error. 
    If that is the case, you could have a try going to the Services and opening the properties of SQL Server Agent, then set the startup type into Automatic (delayed start) and see if it works.
    In addition, since the issue relates to SQL, I would suggest you post the question in SQL forum.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:15 AM