Integrate Skype Online with On-prem PBX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, thanks for reading!

I have all my users homed in a Office 365 tenant, with Skype for Business deployed. My on-prem AD is synced with Office 365.

I'm evaluating to integrate those users with my on-prem PBX (Cloud PBX doesn't have local numbers on my region).

My question is: If i install a on-premise Skype deployment (Edge+FE), is this a single-point of failure? If my deployment fails, users will be able to connect to Office 365 Skype?

Regards!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:01 PM

Answers

• Deleted
    • Marked as answer by JoaquinGomez Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:59 PM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi JoaquinGomez,

If your users are homed in Office 365, they'll be able to sign in as long as the client has at least signed in once and has cached O365 information.

This is important as all of your DNS records will be pointing to your on prem pool (which would redirect the client to Office 365 if the user was homed up there).

Of course, if on prem goes down and you're using it for on prem dialling, users may be able to still sign in, but wont be able to make/receive calls.

- Craig
    Blog.chiffers.com

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:45 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    • Marked as answer by JoaquinGomez Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:59 PM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi JoaquinGomez,

If your users are homed in Office 365, they'll be able to sign in as long as the client has at least signed in once and has cached O365 information.

This is important as all of your DNS records will be pointing to your on prem pool (which would redirect the client to Office 365 if the user was homed up there).

Of course, if on prem goes down and you're using it for on prem dialling, users may be able to still sign in, but wont be able to make/receive calls.

- Craig
    Blog.chiffers.com

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:45 AM
  • You have a 2 options here.Either go for Hybrid solution or go for Cloud Connector Edition deployment.In a hybrid deployment if the pool doesn't have DR solution deployed ,it will be single point of failuer.You cannot use online as backup for the onprem pool users.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt605227.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Jayakumar K

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Thanks! That was my doubt, so if Skype clients caches the sign in information, there should be no problem.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:00 PM