Storage Pools - Removing Disk - Task completed but Task progress window wont go away RRS feed

• Question

• I am playing around with Storage Pools and have added 5 disks to a pool. Next I removed a disk from the pool. The task completed but the Task Progress window will not go away and I cannot do anything further with the Volumes - Storage Pools.

Has anyone run into this? I am running Windows Server Essentials Technical Preview

Thanks

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:37 AM

Answers

• I ended up killing off server manager and that closed  the task progress window.  I have not tried to add and remove a disk from the pool again. The pool is healthy.

• Edited by Gautam_Das Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:25 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi gautam999,

Thanks for your post.

In my test, the task progress window shows few seconds, then the disk is removed. Could you please check the task manager to check if there's some tasks related to the process so that it hangs.

And if there's no task and even no error, I'm afraid you may need to the restart your server to have a check.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:16 AM
  • I ended up killing off server manager and that closed  the task progress window.  I have not tried to add and remove a disk from the pool again. The pool is healthy.

• Edited by Gautam_Das Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:25 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:20 PM