none
Errors 7888, 5962, 7626, and 7021 RRS feed

• Question

• Per accident, I had a look at an event log of a project server. It's a system of a former customer and I am now quite impressed. I have never seen someting like that. It does only show errors for the last three days, since there are too many to give more information of the past. There are only 4 errors repeating once/minute. Unfortunately I have no access to this system and failed to ask for ULS files. I took eventlog with me, but that isn't very descriptive. It only tells that ProjectQ and TimesheetQ could not be started, an error with ProjectPSISharedApplicationTimerJob, without giving any reason. I hope I will find more in ULS, which I have requested now. Services are running, users can work. Changing categories has no effect.

Now my question before diving deep into eventlog, ULS and bing: Has anyone experience on these errors? I know, tha chance is really small, but I give it a try ...

Thanks in advance!
    Barbara

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Barbara, 

From checking out the description of those event logs, it looks to me your customer may have done some open heart surgery on the farm removing web apps / contentdb's without necessarily delete the underlying PWA instance first, or letting the delete complete.

I would be interesting in seeing what the uls logs reveal.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:47 AM
  • Just an update... Open heart surgery is a good description! Alex, good estimation!

It took two weeks until I received ULS files. They gave me the information that WEB_ADMIN was not found, so I asked for SiteID of their instances. I have never got an answer to this question, but I was pretty sure that it was their test instance since users didn't report any issues. Looking at their responsiveness, they definitely don't feel the same pain as me looking at such a "sick" system.

Today I had been there again. SiteID was of test instance, and it seems that all tables of Published DB had been deleted. Quite interesting and I am really wondering how they managed that ;-). However, I left it up to them to restore DBs or delete instance.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, March 11, 2011 4:50 PM