Vista 0x0000000a BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

First off I'd like to say if I'm in the wrong forum...my apologise...a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

System:
    Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit
    4GB RAM
    Asus Rampage Formula MB
    RAID 1 - Operating System
    RAID 5 - Storage

Problem:
    System has been up and running flawlessly for 4 months but I'm now experiencing random BSOD and 0x0000000a errors over the last 12 days.

It's happened a number of times...event viewer reports the following:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: (I've included the data for a number of these events)

0x0000000a (0x0000000c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x81c75472)
    0x0000000a (0x00008829, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x81c90b50)
    0x0000000a (0x005ab30e, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x81cf2a0a)
    0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x0000001b, 0x00000001, 0x81c89780)

To me...this means nothing...can anyone shed any light on this?

The first event was November 30th. I've checked and can confirm without that no software, hardware or drivers were installed on this date (or within 1 month of this date). The only thing different with the system is that 2 weeks before one of the drives in my RAID 1 failed (I was off on vacation the day after it failed so the machine remained off until approximately the 24th November). The drive has been disconnected and the Intel Matrix Storage Console sees it as missing as I have not yet replaced the drive. However surely a disconnected drive would not cause a BSOD?

Anyway...drive is on order...however I'm curious to know if I'm fixing the correct issue, or if this is something entirely different.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

-Fooder

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:21 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please understand that to troubleshoot the blue screen issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Having said that, I'd still like to provide the following general troubleshooting steps to see if we can eliminate this problem:

Note: Please perform a complete system backup first. If any unexpected issue occurs, we can quickly restore the system to the current status.

1.    Update the drivers for the motherboard and video card.

2.   Scan your system to make sure that the system is virus free. If you have recently installed any software, hardware or drivers, please remove them.

3.   Ensure all the hardware devices, installed device drivers, and installed applications are all compatible with Windows Vista.

4.   For Compatibility information, please refer to Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List:

http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

5.   Disable all the third party startup programs and services by using the MSConfig.exe utility shipped with Windows Vista. To use this tool, you can refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

However, if the issue still persists, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for further troubleshooting. I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:26 AM