none
not installed software shown in map-report RRS feed

• Question

• hi

the report of the installed software on our computers shows software, that is not installed on these computers. is there a possibiliy to clean the information. i searched in the registry and deleted the keys that i found. in the file-system i found nothing about the software. where could i find the information about this software, that was shown in map but that isn`t installed on these computers?

thanks for helping

erwin

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• Currently (version 5.5), MAP is looking for installed software here: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\installer\UserData\<UserSID>\Products\

This will change in future versions, so don't rely on this post after version 5.5

Keep in mind that MAP will try to retrieve installed products for ALL users on the computer, so if you have a scenario where, for example, you log in as the built-in administrator account and run an installer that gives you the choice of "install just for this user / install for all users" and you choose "install just for this user", then you may not see that program available in your Start --> All Programs menu if you log in as a different user. 

Also remember that once you inventory a computer in to a particular database in MAP, it won't ever go back and re-inventory that computer.  You'll have to create a new database in MAP and re-inventory in order to pick up any changes you've made to the remote computer.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Currently (version 5.5), MAP is looking for installed software here: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\installer\UserData\<UserSID>\Products\

This will change in future versions, so don't rely on this post after version 5.5

Keep in mind that MAP will try to retrieve installed products for ALL users on the computer, so if you have a scenario where, for example, you log in as the built-in administrator account and run an installer that gives you the choice of "install just for this user / install for all users" and you choose "install just for this user", then you may not see that program available in your Start --> All Programs menu if you log in as a different user. 

Also remember that once you inventory a computer in to a particular database in MAP, it won't ever go back and re-inventory that computer.  You'll have to create a new database in MAP and re-inventory in order to pick up any changes you've made to the remote computer.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Also remember that once you inventory a computer in to a particular database in MAP, it won't ever go back and re-inventory that computer.  You'll have to create a new database in MAP and re-inventory in order to pick up any changes you've made to the remote computer.

thanks for this information. this was the solution.

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:24 AM
  • I should clarify this a bit:   Once a computer is successfully inventoried in MAP, it won't be re-inventoried.   Computers that have failed inventory will be retried every time you rerun inventory.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:46 PM