none
Windows 10 - Posible Recent Update Issue RRS feed

• Question

• recently (about two weeks ago) it seems our Winodws 10 systems applied possibly a patch which is causing issues accessing resource on UNIX system. When accessing the system we launch an application on system - after update I notices SMB1 was turned off so I turned it back on to gain access but now when I try to gain access to a folder that holds the exicutable it fails with a resource error. Need help on this one as it worked a few weeks ago and now unable to.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:31 PM

All replies

• What exact error are you getting?

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:20 AM
  • Hi,

It seems to be a known issue, Windows 10 update 1803 for security reasons does not allow you to open network connections in programs running from shared folders that are accessible only using the SMBv1 protocol. As network folders, you need to use devices that support SMBv2 or SMBv3.

Look at this link and try the workarounds there

Windows 10 1803 can’t run EXE files from a network shared folders

http://woshub.com/windows-10-1803-cant-run-exe-files-shared-folders/

Disable Antivirus and Defender and check again.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:44 AM