missing USB keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My USB keyboard is not recognized when Windows 7 starts up.  As the boot screens progress there is a notation "Keyboard not recognized.".  If I need to access the BIOS menu I have to install a PS/2 board prior to boot.  While this is a solution it is also rather awkward at times, especially after a system crash and I might want to start in safe mode.  I assume there is something missing in the BIOS because once the system passes a certain point the board lights up and works OK.  Any suggestions? 

Thank you for your time.

Joe

Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:31 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

The USB Keyboard usually can be detected automatically without configuring BIOS. This issue can occur by incompatible driver or incorrect settings. To troubleshoot the issue, please perform the following steps.

1. Unplug the USB Keyboard and plug it on another machine to check the result. Does the issue persist? If so, I suggest you contact the manufacturer to check whether there is any driver for the Keyboard.

2. Upgrade Motherboard driver and BIOS firmware to check the result.

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, July 16, 2010 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:33 AM