George Tuskiewicz RRS feed

• Question

• Is ""event 3,Kernel-event tracing "  a serious problem. It's been coming up in the event viewer daily for about a month whenever I connect to the internet. It appears to me that if it has anything to do with " windows essential security " which is my antivirus software then I ought enquire about the possibility of the antivirus program being comprimised.

Has anybody out there experienced this problem ?

If so has someone been able to solve this problem and/or knows sufficiently about this matter to issue a "' no need to worry about this problem " suggestion.

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:21 AM

Answers

• If your Microsoft Security Essentials is running ok I wouldn't worry about the eventlog.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

Friday, February 15, 2013 10:29 PM

All replies

• If your Microsoft Security Essentials is running ok I wouldn't worry about the eventlog.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

Friday, February 15, 2013 10:29 PM
  • Thank you for a reply to my enquiry Imperfect1.

How actually does one know whether Microsoft Security Essentials is running okay. I've experienced another antivirus software which I was led to believe was running okay only to find out later that it had not been functioning properly and was and had been letting viruses through the net with an eventual complete computer crash. ( Intermitant virus scans through time showed no problems )

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:07 AM