Installing device driver software actually causes my new mouse NOT to work... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.

I just bought a new mouse today, and I placed it into one of the USB ports straight away and restarted. When the computer loaded up I was able to move the mouse and clikc stuff, it worked perfectly. Then a box came up saying "Installing device driver software". My mouse stopped moving there, and I thought that was fair enough. But then when it came up with "USB Human Interface Device - Ready to use" to my surprise the mouse didn't go back to working again.

So I restarted my computer, hoping that would allow it to move again. But no, the mouse doesn't move and it seems to me like the device driver software actually did the opposite of it's job and made it not work...

Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution.

Much appriciated,

Adam.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Adam,

Based on your description, the system may wrongly recognize your mouse and install another driver for it.

You may need to use the driver for this mouse to replace the incorrect one. If this doesn’t apply to your case, let me know the model of your mouse and the version of your operating system.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:03 AM