none
How do you remove the summary task from a grouped task? RRS feed

• Question

•  

For my particular view “MDL” I have a filter set up and a group. The group is there as it seems to display my filtered tasks irrespective of whether they are rolled up to project summary task on my gantt view.

The filter looks for a YES only in the “include in MDL?” field, and also looks for a No in “summary”

I’ve set up a “complete and incomplete” group, and made sure “show summary tasks was un-ticked” however it still shows a summary task in my MDL view any ideas how i can prevent this summary task from showing?

Many thanks

LINK

Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

• gdallas,

There´s nothing wrong. Take a look. The summary was created by the category group you set. In this case, completed and incompleted group. This is how "group by" works.

Note that their is a checkbox at the bottom that says "Show summary tasks".  This means that summary tasks will be in the group but that they will be grouped based on their values.

Alexandre Paiva, PMP, MCTS, ITIL Project Manager +55 (21) 8887-3645 alexandre.paiva@gerentedeprojeto.net.br www.gerentedeprojeto.net.br
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:12 PM

All replies

• Can you send the mpp file for me so i can check?
    Alexandre Paiva, PMP, MCTS, ITIL Project Manager +55 (21) 8887-3645 alexandre.paiva@gerentedeprojeto.net.br www.gerentedeprojeto.net.br
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:54 AM
  • Hi Alexandre,

Its in my posts at the bottom as LINK

Many thanks

Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:57 AM
  • gdallas,

There´s nothing wrong. Take a look. The summary was created by the category group you set. In this case, completed and incompleted group. This is how "group by" works.

Note that their is a checkbox at the bottom that says "Show summary tasks".  This means that summary tasks will be in the group but that they will be grouped based on their values.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:12 PM
  • ok thanks for looking.

Is there a method that doesnt mean i need to use Group then? i need these tasks to show in MDL view even though the gantt view might be minimised to project summary view

Any ideas?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:58 PM
  • gdallas,

See my reply to your other post.

John

Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:49 PM