Track the usage of the virtualized applications RRS feed

• Question

• How to track the usage of the virtualized applications? in other words, is it possible to have a figure of how many users are using each application?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• This will depend on the architecture you are using but if you are using the traditional management server the Application Utilization report should give you the data you are looking for. I'm not 100% sure but I think on SCCM you would have to use the Software Metering feature to track this metric. Otherwise you can use WMI on the 4.5 client to track where the application is cached but that doesn't necessarily map back to a user.

www.bighatgroup.com
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Kevin for your reply.
    Actually I am not that familiar with the sequencing and streaming stuff. I don't know what's the different architectures could be and how to use the Application Utilization report. Would you please provide me with more elaboration or point me to some sites or articles where I can find more details on these things.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:47 PM
  • Hi,
    The App-V 4.5 Solution Accelerator may be a good place to start with design options.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD3921FB-8224-4681-9064-075FDF042B0C&displaylang=en#filelist
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:06 PM
  • If you want virtual application delivery then the classic management server will be much more simple to implement and get reporting data. SCCM is more of an investment just because of its sheer complexity due to the functionality of the product. SCCM goes far beyond virtual application delivery since it is a management framework. You should see if SCCM solves other business needs before going down this path in my opinion.
    www.bighatgroup.com
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:28 PM
    Answerer