Restore NTBackup to Server 2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need to restore backups created in NT Backup in Server 2003 to Server 2012.  There is a download in Microsoft downloads titled "Windows NT Backup - Restore Utility."  The problem is that part of using this utility to turn on the "Removeable Storage Manager" feature.  This does not appear to be a feature in Server 2012. 

When I follow the instructions to add this feature it's not listed as a feature to be installed.  Also installing the utility specifically says that the Removeable Storage Manger feature needs to be added and provides a link to the Windows NT Backup - Restore Utility.

How do I go about restore an NT Backup to Server 2012?

• Changed type Cloud_TS Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:25 PM redirection
    Friday, August 30, 2013 7:41 PM

All replies

• Since this is a Windows 7 forum and is not a Server 2012 forum, you need to post in one of the Server forums.

The Server forums are found @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:53 PM