none
Cookies not holding per new user sign-ons. RRS feed

• Question

• Just throwing this out there in hopes of an answer...

If I take a thumb drive and boot to 1809, then the software I need to install later works for all users who sign on.
    The program gets set up as admin and the IE settings retain for each user just as expected.

Running a pc through MDT, deploying solely the OS (and either creating locals accounts during deploy or not), when another user
    signs on, the program loses its registration (because cookies don't get added to the INetCache folder).

I played with it for a while and eventually got it to work for one user, then I tried another and it didn't work. I went back to the one that did and now it doesn't hold the settings either. However, just booting to a USB to install the OS works for each user.
    For now, our techs are booting to a USB created with RUFUS to get the OS installed.

Lastly, if we clone a pc through MDT with 1703, then upgrade it to 1809 it works throughout as well.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:26 PM

Answers

• So far, it seems that 'most times' copying the admin cookie to C: and then Importing the cookies as other users
    seems to work. No idea why cookies aren't getting created other than admin. May start a ticket with MS.
    • Marked as answer by the1rickster Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:19 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:19 PM