App shuts down without opening RRS feed

• Question

• I think this is just one of them weeks where its going to come in threes, this being the second with App-V!

I've sequenced an App as i usually do.  On 4.1, this app opens and works fine.

On 4.5, the client loads the app (as i can see from the tray message) but it closes without opening.  It dosent do this all the time but out of ten times clicking to open, it will once!

Obv i can't expect users to play russian roulette just to get the app open.

Its not like the app is huge either, it probs totals 13mb if that compared to Contribute which opens fine and is 500mb+!!

Any ideas?

Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:12 AM

Answers

• sorry for the late reply.

i managed to fix it myself with a bit of trial and error.

The app i was sequencing starts several programs on run and i had terminate children set to true so when it was running the first, then tried the next, it stopped it running.

Changed to false and all is working!!

• Marked as answer by JWFG Monday, March 9, 2009 1:35 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hello

What version of the Sequencer are you creating the app with?  Are you using a 4.5 Sequencer and then deploy to a 4.2 client, or the other way around.  I would suggest creating the app using the 4.5 sequencer and also upgrading the client version on the target computers.

Thanks
    Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Friday, March 6, 2009 7:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

What type of application is it? Does it have native depencies?

/Znack
    Friday, March 6, 2009 10:48 PM
  • sorry for the late reply.

i managed to fix it myself with a bit of trial and error.

The app i was sequencing starts several programs on run and i had terminate children set to true so when it was running the first, then tried the next, it stopped it running.

Changed to false and all is working!!

• Marked as answer by JWFG Monday, March 9, 2009 1:35 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:38 AM