On screen keyboard with MS Access RRS feed

• Question

• I have a tablet in windows 10 tablet mode.

I open MS access (latest version = 365) and open a form. when I touch a field in the form no touch keyboard is shown.

whereas in excel if I select the formula bar the touch keyboard automatically opens.

how to get the keyboard to open when selecting access form fields?

Thanks

edit:

I found that if I touch and hold the task bar I can select show the keyboard button which at least lets me manually show the keyboard but it'd be much better if selecting a field automatically showed the touch keyboard

• Edited by mikeofb Friday, January 20, 2017 1:35 PM calrified touch keyboard rather than on screen keyboard and added task bar edir
    Friday, January 20, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please check if this option "Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached to your device." is turned on. You can refer to the following link for assistance.
    http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-improve-windows-10s-onscreen-keyboard-desktop-apps
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi ,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 3:07 AM