none
BizTalk unit testing tools RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using VisualStudio's Unit test project and can test my schema and Maps by writing positive and negative test cases for BizTalk applications right now.

To check how many unit test cases are pass or fail we needs to goto application and needs to test it manually.

Is there a tool where we can take care of this :

Like we will configure it write Unit test cases and from that tools it will tell me how many application and how many unit test cases are getting pass and fail.

Like how many unit test cases we have covered 80% or 90% and how many of them got pass and fail 95% or 80% Pass ?

If it is third party tool which can use with BizTalk will do , Please help me on this...

thanks in advance....

Thanks and Regards, Nitin.

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:56 AM

All replies

• So...here's the deal...my recommendation on traditional 'unit tests' is to not do them.

While the idea sounds good, in practice the time to construct the unit test infrastructure is not justified by the actual beneficial results.  Meaning, despite lots of unit tests, the same types of bugs will eventually surface.

Especially with integration apps, you're much better off spending the time on a set of tests that cover the entire app.  Often this is as simple as collecting 1-6 months of historical transactions and just running them.

Friday, July 21, 2017 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Writing unit tests and testing the schemas and maps will be an additional devlopement that you will have to do. But if you still wish to write your own unit test cases, you can refer below article from Sandro.

BizTalk Server 2013: Step-by-Step to implement Unit Testing in Schemas and Maps 

Also look at the BizUnit framework.

Using BizUnit for Automated Testing

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, July 24, 2017 5:14 AM