[SHARED MAILBOX] Prevent users from deleting items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm managing an IT support team and as part of our work we deal with emails using a Shared Mailbox with 15 technicians.

Thing is, lately, some emails have been deleted (voluntarily or not) and I cannot find the perpetrator.

I was wondering :

Would it be possible to prevent anybody from deleting emails in this mailbox without preventing them from moving emails from a folder to another one in the same mailbox ?

If not is there any other way to know what happen to an email after it has been delivered into a mailbox ?

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Thing is, lately, some emails have been deleted (voluntarily or not) and I cannot find the perpetrator.
    Do you mean that the emails have been moved to the Deleted Items folder? 

If so it is the same as "move emails from a folder to another one".

>> Would it be possible to prevent anybody from deleting emails in this mailbox without preventing them from moving emails from a folder to another one in the same mailbox ?

According to my research, I'm afraid that there may be not a way to achieve your needs. 

>> If not is there any other way to know what happen to an email after it has been delivered into a mailbox ?
    You may be able to achieve this by Mailbox audit logging in Exchange Server.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please mark the replies as answers if they helped?
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:01 AM