none
MAP Agent, wish to MAP team RRS feed

• General discussion

• I think MAP is a nice and practically Tool. Does MAP Team plan a Agent for Inventory?

We have more then 1000 client, but If we start a inventory (over wmi) 20-30% of client are offline (user ill, or user out of office, or works half-days etc etc,)

Chris
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:40 AM

All replies

• Not that I know of, but the really good thing with MAP is that if you do a scan in the morning it will be able to contact say 50% of your machines. Run it again at lunch time and it will pick up an additional 20% of your machines and finally run it again at the end of the day and you will pick up some more machines.

What I am saying is that run the tool multiple times and you will eventually have a somwhere around 90% baseline which is good enough to base your decisions on.

Also note that the MAP team is currently taking feedback for future versions at

https://connect.microsoft.com/site297

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:50 PM
  • thanks for answer,

but it is costly and laborious to start every days.

Chris
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:14 PM
  • You only need to run it a few times to get a good enough feeling for how you are doing. Bear in mind that MAP is not intended as an inventory tool rather an assessment tool.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Hello Andreas

thanks for answer, I run it again yesterday and today, but I think 28% missing data is to much

Chris
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Keep on running it for a week or so and you will get some better feedback. Also keep in mind that it could be trying to scan computer objects which no longer exist. But it will automatically exclude computer objects which have not been started for 90 days.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:33 PM