APPV 5 SP2 client and HF5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am preparing a new machine for capture and going to install APPV client.

My infra is APPV 5.0 SP2. Servers were updated with HF5.

Don't remember if HF should be applied for the client. Cannot access now any existing machine ( I am out of LAN).

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:44 PM

Answers

• Ofc you should apply Hotfix5 to your client, even better would be to upgrade to SP3 (server and clientside).
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:37 AM

All replies

• For capture? As in Sequence?

Why would you install the client for sequence?

Or do you mean a capture Image?, if you updated the server peices, you may as well update the client to ensure you get the latest fixes.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:05 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:04 PM
  • Rory,

it is not a sequencer...

It is just a Windows7 VM. I want to capture it with MDT for future deployment to physical machines.

Disregard the word "capture". It is really doesn't matter for my question...

Again:

Should I apply HF5 for AppV 5.0 SP2 client workstation?

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Ofc you should apply Hotfix5 to your client, even better would be to upgrade to SP3 (server and clientside).
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Thanks. Not touching SP3 for now.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:36 PM