none
User can no longer see tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user who can no longer see any of their assigned tasks in the task or time sheet view. When we first setup project he had an email address which belonged to the companies parent company and his Project license was assigned to this email address. Last week he was having issues with applications being linked to this address and so they changed his Office account so his email address and licenses were assigned to his main email address, something that really should have been done some time ago.

This appears to have caused a problem in Project. He can access all project plans because of the access I have given him, but in the Projects view if I gave him the standard Project Managers for Project Web App access no results would show. But this does show it's not an issue with the license but an issue with the Resource. When I search for users, two results comes up for him and I think this is because of the change the IT department have made. I have tried to change the user logon account in the setup of the resource to his correct account, but when saving I get an unknown error.

Is there anyway I can change this resource or am I going to have to create a new?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest to delete to new user/resource. Afterwards edit the old user/resource and enter the new logon account to the old user. In this way, all assignments for old resource will be back - since it is the same resource (just with a different account). I assume you get the unknown error because of duplicating logon account in same way.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by DangerM0use Friday, May 10, 2019 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest to delete to new user/resource. Afterwards edit the old user/resource and enter the new logon account to the old user. In this way, all assignments for old resource will be back - since it is the same resource (just with a different account). I assume you get the unknown error because of duplicating logon account in same way.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by DangerM0use Friday, May 10, 2019 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:21 AM
  • Thanks Barbara. This is what I had to do in the end. I couldn't even make the account inactive. I had to assign the resource account to another person and then make it inactive. Really not sure what IT have done to achieve that result.
    Friday, May 10, 2019 10:07 AM