Outlook 2013 search icons greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem as J.J. Sanders et al. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/659771fe-8e1c-402f-ad60-7743c3167fcb/outlook-2013-search-icons-greyed-out?forum=outlook 
    Sunday, December 31, 2017 10:47 AM

Answers

• I went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

repaired Office 2013, and now it works.

Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which type of email account do you use? IMAP, POP3 or Exchange?

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned in the thread you mentioned? Generally, this issue happens when Microsoft Outlook is not included in the indexing scope.

Besides, which version of Windows system are you using? Do you have Windows Search service enabled and running? Try pressing Win key + R to open the Run command, typing services.msc and pressing Enter. Then, find Windows Search and verify its status.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:04 AM
    Monday, January 1, 2018 4:35 AM
  • I believe I use Exchange (the account actually resides at office365). I did try the suggestions in the thread I mentioned, to the best of my ability. I use Windows 10. Windows Search is running.
    Monday, January 1, 2018 11:44 AM
  • Thank you for the update. May I know whether you installed any update (for Windows and for Office) recently?

Could you provide the specific build number of your Windows OS and Outlook client?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:37 AM
  • I went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

repaired Office 2013, and now it works.

Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:18 AM
  • I had the exact same problem with the Outlook 2013 Search Tools being grayed out upon a recent Windows 10 update.  I repaired Office 2013 and it fixed the problem.  The Outlook search tools are no longer grayed out.
    Monday, January 29, 2018 4:07 PM