Exchange 2010 MP Install/Extract Error MSI 1603 RRS feed

• Question

• I can't install the MP. I get the errot MSI 1603 on the SCOM server. Do I need any Exchange Software on it to successful install the MP?
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:18 AM

Answers

• Strange, I had to extract the MSI File and than I could install the msi file. After this I could import MP files. 
    • Marked as answer by Eniac Blast Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies

• Are you downloading and installing the MP from the console or have you downloaded the MP manually and are you using add from disk?

In case of last option: Try to install the management pack directly using "Import Management Packs - Add - Add from Catalog"

Edit: to answer your question about the Exchange software. No need to install any Exchange related software on the SCOM server. For more information about what you need before you import this MP read the documentation that you can find on http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7150bfed-64a4-42a4-97a2-07048cca5d23

Before You Import the Exchange 2010 Management Pack

Before you import the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack, take the following actions:

·      Consider the supported configurations for the Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack. For more information about the supported configurations, see Introduction to the Exchange 2010 Management Pack earlier in this guide.

·      Ensure that all Exchange 2010 computers that are managed by the Operations Manager use LocalSystem as the Agent Action Account. 

·      If you are monitoring Exchange Server 2010 Database Availability Groups (DAGs), ensure that all DAG members are monitored by Operations Manager 2007.

·      Ensure that all agents on Exchange 2010 computers have Agent Proxy enabled.

·      Install the update specified in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 971541 if you are running Operations Manager 2007 SP1. Install the update specified in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 974144 if you are running Operations Manager 2007 R2. Both of these articles and respective updates are pending release to the Microsoft Help and Support (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=5967) Web site. These updates resolve several critical issues that are more likely to occur when running the Exchange 2010 Management Pack.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Strange, I had to extract the MSI File and than I could install the msi file. After this I could import MP files. 
    • Marked as answer by Eniac Blast Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:35 PM