English Proofing Tools suddenly missing and WON'T install - Office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Word 2013 tells me I'm missing english proofing tools.  It directs me to a link, I download it, install it, restart word, restart my computer, and it's just not there.  It won't install.  If I go to options > Language, it says English is not installed.

I've had Office installed for maybe five months now and all the sudden it did this.  Please help.  Please do not direct me to another forum.  Please do not tell me the obvious...download and install which I have listed above.

I've searched all the various posts and there are no answers and none that are similar that work.

Thank you to all that offer helpful advice.

Friday, August 2, 2013 2:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

According to your description, we may try the following steps and check, then open Word and check if spell check works:

Click on Start > Control Panel > Control Panel > double-click Programs and Features > Click Microsoft Office 2010 Edition > click Change > In the Microsoft Office Edition dialog box > click Add or Remove Features > Continue > Expand Office Shared Features > click the icon to the left of Proofing Tools > then click Run all from My Computer > Continue.

Hope it helps If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

• Proposed as answer by Tylorwa Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Judy_Zhou Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:54 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi

According to your description, we may try the following steps and check, then open Word and check if spell check works:

Click on Start > Control Panel > Control Panel > double-click Programs and Features > Click Microsoft Office 2010 Edition > click Change > In the Microsoft Office Edition dialog box > click Add or Remove Features > Continue > Expand Office Shared Features > click the icon to the left of Proofing Tools > then click Run all from My Computer > Continue.

Hope it helps If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

• Proposed as answer by Tylorwa Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Judy_Zhou Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:54 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 9:05 AM
  • You are extremely helpful.  I thank you very very much.  I read maybe a dozen threads where actual microsoft support folk would answer with completely useless responses and link to other forum pages that had nothing of use on them.

I thank you immensely.  This is the very first time these MS forums have worked for me.

Friday, August 2, 2013 11:43 PM
  • I also want to thank you for detailing this. It worked for me too after having a hard time locating the solution.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:17 PM
  • I like to be able to spel corektly the words in this dokument.  Whi isn’t this dokument being checke corektly.  

The ABC Speling and Gramer will not correkt the previous statement.  It says it is complete and good to go.

I also can’t seem to get the proofing tools to work, which I downloaded.

Also, I am getting a 30029-4 error code when I try to get Office 2013 an Online Repair Check.

I tried what you stated here, but it doesn’t seem to work for me, (Pardon the speling); but I am suppose to be good to go?

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:30 PM
  • Thank you very much.

I find this advice extremely useful and it resolves my problem immediately as well.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:41 AM
  • Thank you very much Taylorwa  !!!!!   You solved my problem also!!
    Friday, September 26, 2014 11:46 AM
  • Hi

Signed in just to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts.
    Monday, December 14, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Thanks very much for your help.
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:05 PM